The Autism Awareness programme will enable you to become familiar with various approaches to autism and the best professional approach to the management of autism.
AUTISM AWARENESS LEVEL 2
Autism is a diverse and mystifying condition that has been the focus of much scientific research over the last few decades. The Autism Awareness course aims to develop your understanding of autism and gives practical suggestions when working with autistic individuals.
Today, autism refers to a whole range of social, language and communication problems. Severity ranges from hardly there at all, often undiagnosed and even unrecognised, to severe, where it is virtually impossible for people to participate in society. There are no boundaries between the conditions Kanner and Asperger identified, often people are in-between, whether in between Asperger’s syndrome and Kanner’s, or in between “normal” and Asperger’s syndrome. Therefore, collectively we refer to “autistic spectrum disorder”, or ASD, as this allows for the differences in both symptoms and severity. A person without ASD is called a neuro-typical.
This course will enable you to become familiar with various approaches to autism, have increased awareness of how to obtain a diagnosis and enable you to understand genetic environmental causes of autism. The Autism Awareness Diploma will also explain how research in other conditions can help research into autism.
- Gives the best professional approach for the management of Autism
- Helps staff understand Autism, which helps others cope with the condition
- Enhances your career development
- Module 1: What is Autism?
- Module 2: Legislation and Autism
- Module 3: Triad of Impairments
- Module 4: Explaining Autistic behaviours
- Module 5: Causes of Autism
- Module 6: Diagnosing Autism
- Module 7: Approaches to Autism
- Module 8: Practical Suggestions when Working with Autistic Individuals
- Module 9: Explaining the Myths
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Autism Awareness course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.