The Dyslexia Awareness course will enable you to gain an in-depth awareness and knowledge of what dyslexia is and the approaches that can help when working with an individual with dyslexia.
DYSLEXIA AWARENESS LEVEL 2
This course will look at what dyslexia is, how educators can identify it, how it is diagnosed and treated, as well as looking at some related conditions. Learners will also look at the biological and cognitive basis of dyslexia, the signs that could indicate a student is dyslexic. Module 3 will look at a range of co-occurring conditions; these can appear alongside dyslexia or alone. Module 4 will inform the learner of issues surrounding diagnosis, including how dyslexia is diagnosed and the emotional impact of diagnosis. Module 5 will look at what a dyslexia-friendly learning environment is and includes suggestions that can be implemented in the classroom to enable all learners. The final module will introduce several different approaches that can be employed when working with learners who are dyslexic, including some examples of good practice.
- Provides a detailed overview of dyslexia
- Gain an understanding of how dyslexia is identified, diagnosed and treated
- Learn how to implement positive approaches when working with dyslexic individuals
- Module 1: What is dyslexia?
- Module 2: Identifying dyslexia
- Module 3: Co-occurring conditions
- Module 4: How dyslexia is diagnosed
- Module 5: Dyslexia-friendly learning environment
- Module 6: Solutions for dyslexia
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Dyslexia Awareness programme, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.