The Understanding Consent course aims to provide the learner with knowledge on how consent can be gained correctly in a health care setting.
UNDERSTANDING CONSENT LEVEL 2
In this programme the learner will consider the term ‘consent’ and how this impacts on their duty of care. The learner will consider dilemmas, rights, risk-taking and responsibilities, in respect of duty of care and the impact of consent.
The programme will equip the reader with an understanding of what is meant by consent and how this affects the duty of care. Consent is defined as an informed agreement to an action or a decision. According to the NHS choices (www.nhs.uk) ‘Consent to treatment is the principle that a person must give their permission before they receive any type of medical treatment or examination.’
- Understand what is meant by the term consent
- Understand the different legislation around consent
- Identify the different ways in which consent can be gained
- Module 1 An introduction to the term Consent
- Module 2 Legislation impacting on Consent and informed decision-making
- Module 3 Effective communication in relation to Consent
- Module 4 How does failure to gain Consent become a safeguarding issue?
- Module 5 Gaining Consent
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff member's development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of an activity workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the very best deal available when purchasing the Understanding Consent course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, tutor guide and end of course multiple-choice examination is included in the course price for you.