Positive Dementia Care
The Positive Dementia Care course aims to create an understanding of the different types of dementia as well as the range of activities which would create a meaningful and positive day for the patient.
POSITIVE DEMENTIA CARE LEVEL 2
This Positive Dementia Awareness course is ideal for Individuals who are either currently working or plan to work as employees or volunteers in care of the elderly environments. It is particularly focused to address the needs of people engaged in the nursing of the elderly, those working in a residential care environment or domiciliary staff.
It can also be beneficial for People working in the care sector who wish to develop their skills in the workplace and for career progression.
This Positive Dementia Awareness course explains facts about dementia and shows students how they can combine key ingredients of people-centred care in order to improve the daily life of those with dementia. To provide excellent quality care, care-staff will learn to recognise people with dementia as whole individuals, and understand all the needs that sufferers with varying conditions have.
"Our staff team have already completed the first module and they have found it very thought provoking and informative. The staff especially like how the Dementia course helps you to relate to the client, they also described it as a real eye opener. We certainly recommend it and were impressed by the speed of delivery and the telephone support from NCC."
David Stringer, Mencap Service Manager (Positive Dementia Care)
- Improve understanding of the different types of dementia, the early symptoms and current treatments available. This knowledge is linked with person centred care and the ability to improve the lives of people with dementia.
- Develop an awareness of the range of activities which would create a meaningful and positive day for the patient.
- Develop a clear vision of their roles in caring for people with dementia
- Module 1: Realising Feelings Matter Most in Dementia Care
- Module 2: Understanding Dementia, the Brain and People’s Feelings
- Module 3: Valuing a Person’s Well-Being
- Module 4: Working Positively with a Person’s Disability
- Module 5: Becoming a Person-centred Dementia Care Worker
- Module 6: Communicating with a Person with a Dementia through Feelings
- Module 7: Focusing on the person when providing Personal Care
- Module 8: Creating a Positive, Meaningful, Active Day
- Module 9: Appreciating How Behaviours Link to Feelings
- Module 10: Applying Person-Centred Care
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Positive Dementia Care course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.