Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD)
This FASD course covers a wide range of issues associated with alcohol use during pregnancy, and provides the student understanding that can be applied on personal, professional or voluntary levels.
FOETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM DISORDERS (FASD) LEVEL 3
This programme is designed to increase recognition and appropriate care of children who have been adversely affected by prenatal exposure to alcohol. Many clinicians, teachers and most families, have limited clinical expertise in this relatively un-publicised syndrome. The course will therefore be beneficial to professionals and families alike and will help them to develop increased understanding of the issues and the possible responses and interventions.
The course covers the clinical issues involved in alcohol use during pregnancy, together with the clinical symptoms and developmental outcomes. It then looks at the neuropathology of Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD), including psychopathy and cognitive functioning. Finally, it will examine interventions, including prevention and rehabilitation approaches.
- Covers a wide range of issues associated with alcohol use during pregnancy and the variety of clinical symptoms and developmental outcomes and possible interventions
- Provide the student with knowledge and understanding that can be applied by those who either personally, voluntary or professionally have a special interest in this field
- Enhances staff members career development
- Module 1: The History of Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Module 2: Taking Responsibility for the Unborn Child
- Module 3: Prenatal Alcohol Exposure and Screening
- Module 4: Children with Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD)
- Module 5: Behavioural Phenotypes of FASD
- Module 6: Growing up with FASD
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.