Falls Prevention Awareness
The Falls Prevention Awareness programme is ideal for anyone working with individuals at risk of having a fall, by helping them to reduce this likelihood and empowering mobility.
FALLS PREVENTION AWARENESS LEVEL 2
Falls are well known as a major cause of injury and expense in the health and social care sector and although this is an area of great concern, it is also one that is widely preventable if the correct measures are taken.This programme studies a range of Falls Prevention strategies and looks at how a proactive approach can help significantly reduce the risk of falling.
The programme also looks at actions to take if an individual does fall, along with any lessons that can be learnt from this.Specific areas such as risk assessment and effective moving and handling techniques are covered within the programme along with practical advice in the event of a fall taking place. Support strategies and programmes to help individuals become more mobile are then considered.
- Helps individuals to think more proactively about falls prevention
- Encourages individuals to achieve greater independence
- Helps reduce the risk of preventable accidents which can lead to a fall
- Provides practical advice on actions to take if an individual does fall
- Module 1: Cause and effect
- Module 2: Moving and handling techniques and relevant legislation
- Module 3: Falls prevention and additional support
- Module 4: Post falls strategies
THE PROGRAMMEThe programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook. Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Falls Prevention Awareness course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.