The Diabetes Awareness course is designed so carers can develop the best professional approach for the management of diabetes as well as helping others to cope with the condition.
DIABETES AWARENESS LEVEL 2
The Diabetes Awareness programme is aimed to give all staff, supervisors and managers the essential knowledge needed to offer the very best professional approach to the management of diabetes.
This programme will help you to become more effective in many areas of your work, from understanding diabetes to helping others cope with it. If you are looking to enhance your career development in care, this Diabetes Awareness programme will give you the opportunity to look at parts of the job you may not currently be involved with.
The Diabetes Awareness programme is divided into nine core modules, each concentrating on an important aspect of diabetes. This is designed to be used as reading material to support workshop style delivery or as a flexible learning package, which you can work through at your own pace.
Each module asks you to complete a number of structured questions and activities to ensure that you have absorbed the required underpinning knowledge on health and safety, and to provide evidence for core skills assessment. The Activities and Assessments Workbook that is included in your Diabetes Awareness learning pack contains all of these questions, as well as exercises and activities for revision to reinforce your learning.
All of these must be assessed by your Tutor/Mentor.
- Gives the best professional approach for the management of Diabetes
- Helps staff understand diabetes, which helps others cope with the condition
- Enhances your career development
- Module 1: The nature of diabetes
- Module 2: Identification of people with diabetes
- Module 3: Detection and management of diabetes
- Module 4: Complications of diabetes
- Module 5: Diet and nutrition in diabetes
- Module 6: Management of diabetic emergencies
- Module 7: Management of diabetes in the elderly
- Module 8: Diabetic foot care
- Module 9: Dealing with viruses
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of the workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Diabetes Awareness course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.