The Understanding Epilepsy program will help carers explore causes and effective management of epilepsy, as well as how to support those living with epilepsy.
UNDERSTANDING EPILEPSY LEVEL 2
The Understanding Epilepsy programme aims to build on your understanding of what it means to have epilepsy and your caring experience. The course will suggest lots of ideas about how you can help people in your care who have this condition.
The course has been written to be useful for staff to apply in their everyday work. It describes up-to-date practices in the care of people who have epilepsy. This is a fascinating area to work in, with new developments all the time.
The programme is suitable for staff working in hospitals, care homes, day centres, and in people’s own homes. This is reflected in the words used to refer to the people receiving care; ‘patient’, ‘resident’, and ‘client’ are used.
- Gain a broad knowledge of epilepsy syndromes including causes, diagnosis and treatment
- Develop effective management of Epilepsy including the process to follow when someone a client is having a seizure
- Understand how to support individuals living with epilepsy
- Provides a full overview of a stroke including signs and symptoms and appropriate assessment and treatment
- Module 1: An introduction to the brain
- Module 2: Different epilepsy syndromes
- Module 3: Causes of epilepsy
- Module 4: Diagnosing epilepsy
- Module 5: Treating epilepsy
- Module 6: What to do when someone is having a seizure
- Module 7: Managing epilepsy
- Module 8: Impact of epilepsy on a person’s life
- Module 9: Supporting vulnerable people with epilepsy
- Module 10: Maintaining dignity and respect
- Module 11: Explaining the myths
- Module 12: Relevant UK legislation
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Understanding Epilepsy course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.