Medication and Domiciliary Care
The Medication and Domiciliary Care course takes a detailed look into fundamental areas relating to medication and domiciliary care including policy and procedure guidelines, different forms of medication and the management of medicines.
MEDICATION AND DOMICILIARY CARE LEVEL 2
The Medication and Domiciliary Care programme is ideal for all staff, supervisors and managers within the care sector and will provide the essential knowledge needed to offer the best professional approach to medication in domiciliary care.
The Medication and Domiciliary Care programme is divided into seven modules, each concentrating on an important aspect of medicine and domiciliary care. This course is designed to be a flexible learning package, which you can work through at your own pace.
The course takes a detailed look into fundamental areas relating to Medication and Domiciliary Care including policy and procedure guidelines, different forms of medication and associated risks, and the management of medicines appropriate to a domiciliary care setting.
Each module asks you to complete a number of structured activities to ensure that you have absorbed the required underpinning knowledge and to provide evidence for core skills assessment. The Activities Workbook that is included in your learning pack contains all of the activities required for revision to reinforce your learning. All of these must be assessed by your Tutor.
- Provides staff with a knowledge of Person Centred Planning
- Highlights the risks associated with medication and appropriate assessment and documentation
- Enhances staffs personal and professional development
- Module 1: Policies and legislation
- Module 2: Formulations and routes of administration
- Module 3: Supporting people taking medications
- Module 4: Medications risk assessment and documentation
- Module 5: Supply, storage and disposal of medications
- Module 6: Roles and responsibilities
- Module 7: Errors and near misses
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Medication and Domiciliary Care course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, and Tutor guide is included in the course price for you.