Speech, Language and Communication (SLC) Difficulties within Education
This course is designed to enable you to enhance your Speech, Language and Communication difficulties in Education knowledge and awareness in a way that is enjoyable and relevant to you.
SPEECH, LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION (SLC) DIFFICULTIES WITHIN EDUCATION - LEVEL 3
The course aims to build on your understanding of speech, language and communication difficulties within education, and help you to understand current legislation and how this relates to educational settings in England. The course will raise awareness of some of the common types of SLC difficulties which you may come across in schools.
The course is suitable for anyone working within an educational setting. All educational provisions should be focusing on inclusion of pupils with SLC Difficulties and this course will enable understanding of a variety of SLC difficulties.
- Understand what is meant by Speech, Language and Communication (SLC) Difficulties
- Identify and support the behaviours of pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties
- Identify and support the social use of language in speech, language and communication difficulties
- Module 1 – Legislation covering Speech, Language and Communication (SLC) Difficulties in Education
- Module 2 – Supporting a child or young person with SLC difficulties in Education
- Module 3 – Teaching strategies for children or young people with SLC difficulties in Education
- Module 4 – Additional Resources in SLC difficulties in Education
- Module 5 – English as an Additional Language and the effect on SLC difficulties in Education
- Module 6 – Relationships to Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.