Principles of Safe Handling of Medicines
Safe Handling of Medicines is designed to ensure that candidates will understand policies and procedures for the safe handling and storing of medicines as well as the correct method of record keeping.
The Safe Handling of Medicines programme is aimed at people working or wishing to work in a health and social care context and is ideal for those who wish to develop a basis of transferable knowledge and skills in the safe handling of medicines. The course is designed to ensure that candidates will gain an understanding of policies and procedures for the handling and storing of medicines and the correct method of record keeping.
It can also support the requirement to meet the content of the Skills for Care, Care Certificate.PROVEN BENEFITS
- The ability to understand policies and procedures for handling medicines
- The ability to understand the policies and procedures for storing medicines
- The ability to use the correct method of record keeping
- Module 1: Medication and Prescriptions
- Module 2: Requirements for the supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Module 3: Requirements for the safe administration of medication
- Module 4: Keeping records and understanding the audit processes for medication administration and storage
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook. Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the Safe Handling of Medicines course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.