End of Life Care – Level 3
End of Life Care is given to a person with an advanced, life-limiting illness, for which there is no cure. This course provides an understanding of how to support their patients’ needs from a physical, emotional and spiritual perspective.
END OF LIFE CARE LEVEL 3
The End of Life Care course is ideal for individuals who wish to develop a greater understanding of caring for those with a life limiting illness. It will also allow the learner to develop their knowledge of the factors and issues that relate to providing end of life care for a person.
The course seeks to provide the learner with a greater understanding of what end of life care involves and how the candidate can best support their patient’s needs from a physical, emotional, and spiritual perspective. It also includes information on the support for relatives and friends, both during the person’s illness and after their death in the form of bereavement care.
- Understand different attitudes to death and dying
- Understand communication skills in relation to end of life care
- Understand the holistic approach to end of life care
- Module 1: Understanding care at the end of life
- Module 2: Communication throughout end of life care
- Module 3: Assessment and care planning in end of life care
- Module 4: Person-centre approaches to care at the end of life
- Module 5: Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of the workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the End of Life Care programme, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.