End of Life Care – Level 2
The course is divided into five modules, and each takes a look at a different aspect of caring for people at the end of their life.
END OF LIFE CARE - LEVEL 2
This End of Life Care Level 2 course is aimed at those who are caring for people at the end of their life. It is suitable for people working in a variety of settings, including hospitals, hospices, day provision, care or nursing homes, domiciliary care or other settings in which people are being cared for at the end of their life or are suffering from a life-limiting illness.
This course is also suitable for people who are already working in other care settings and are considering working in end of life care.
The course is ideal for learners interested in improving their understanding of how to: care for people with life-limiting illnesses who are approaching end of life, apply care after death and provide support.
- Understand different perspectives on death and dying
- Understand approaches to managing pain and discomfort
- Understand how to support an individual as they are approaching death
- Module 1 - Working in end of life care
- Module 2 - Providing support to manage discomfort and pain
- Module 3 - End of life care and dementia
- Module 4 - Role of the care worker at time of death
- Module 5 - Loss and grief in end of life care
The programme is carried out using a comprehensive blended learning resource pack which can be kept to record a staff members development in the subject. Assessment is through a multiple choice question paper and completion of workbook.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available when purchasing the End of Life Care Level 2 course, therefore the registration fee, certification fee, Tutor guide and end of unit examination is included in the course price for you.