Dementia Awareness Course
The Dementia Awareness course offered by NCC provides an insight into the different types of dementia and how this can affect people.
Contact us for a quote and get discounts on bulk orders.
Request a FREE Quote Today >
The Dementia Awareness Level 2 course has been developed to provide the learner with knowledge into Dementia as a condition and how it affects individuals. The course covers a range of areas including working with individuals with dementia and caring for people.
Why Study This Course?
This course is particularly focused to address the needs of people engaged in the nursing of the elderly, those working in a residential care environment or domiciliary staff.
- Module 1: Realising Feelings Matter Most in Dementia Care
- Module 2: Understanding Dementia, the Brain and People’s Feelings
- Module 3: Valuing a Person’s Well-Being
- Module 4: Working Positively with a Person’s Disability
- Module 5: Becoming a Person-centred Dementia Care Worker
- Module 6: Communicating with a Person with a Dementia through Feelings
- Module 7: Focusing on the person when providing Personal Care
- Module 8: Creating a Positive, Meaningful, Active Day
- Module 9: Appreciating How Behaviours Link to Feelings Module 10: Applying Person-Centred Care
How it Works
You will complete this course through self guided study, and will not receive any tutor support with the course. Working your way through the online course materials, you will then complete a multiple choice question and answer exam. But don’t worry too much, as you can resit your exam as many times as you like…at no extra cost!
The great news is that there are no entry requirements or previous knowledge required to start this course.
All learners will receive a level 2 NCC certificate in Dementia Awareness upon completion of the course.