CIEH – Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
ACCREDITED BY CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH (CIEH)
This course is of paramount importance for workers when it comes to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). It is vital that managers and employees have the necessary knowledge in controlling hazardous substances in order to provide and work in a safe environment.
CONTROL OF SUBSTANCES HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH LEVEL 2 (COSHH)
This course is of paramount importance for workers when it comes to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). This includes workplaces in areas such as manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and office environments. It gives candidates the knowledge and skills to recognise the risks associated with hazardous substances and how to control them.
It is vital that managers and employees that work with food have the necessary knowledge in order to provide and work in a safe environment. The owner, supervisor, or a person in charge is responsible for the COSHH assessment. This should be completed and documented. The purpose is to comply with health and safety systems in place.
This is a crucial part of training when it comes to people who work with dangerous substances. This piece of legislation is frequently developed and updated meaning refresher training is important and should be undertaken on a regular basis.
- Detail the importance of identifying hazardous substances that are brought into the workplace, as well as those produced by work activities and processes
- Define what is meant by the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ and give examples.
- Detail the use and care of personal protective equipment and clothing in controlling risks from hazardous substances and state personal protective equipment limitations
- Introduction to COSHH
- COSHH regulations
- Health problems
- Identifying hazardous substances
- Controlling hazardous substances
- COSHH assessments
The programme is carried out entirely online through NCC's Virtual Learning Environment. The course examination consists of 30 multiple choice questions.
The course is accredited by CIEH.